Protecting and enhancing the aesthetics of its products
Protecting the shape of your product through design registration
The shape and appearance of products can be protected and enhanced by various intellectual property rights, including design law. Obtaining protection for your iconic products allows you, if certain conditions are met, to take action for infringement to stop a competitor reproducing their aesthetic characteristics without your permission, whether it be the layout of lines, surfaces, contours or colours, or the material used.
Meet your needs in Switzerland and abroad
We advise you in the development of a strategy for the protection, defence and enhancement of your designs throughout the world. We act directly with the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (IPI) for Swiss design filings and with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) for international design filings (Hague system). Everywhere else, we work with our trusted network of foreign attorneys, selected for their expertise and in-depth knowledge of local regulations.
- Advice on the choice of a protectable design and on the protection strategy
- Drafting and review of confidentiality agreements
- Recommendations for domestic and international filings
- Definition of the international design registration strategy
- Preparation and filing of Swiss and international designs in coordination with our design agents abroad
- Assessment of the legal position in the event of an infringement of your rights or a claim by a third party
- Recommendations on defence strategy and pre-litigation negotiations
- Checking your existing rights and their status
- Audit and optimisation of your design portfolio
- Design assignment and licensing agreements
- Design assignment and licensing registrations
- Registrations of changes of name and/or address of the holder
- Various legal opinions
The services of SEDIN were perfectly adapted to our request. We particularly appreciated the reactivity and the expertise. Recommended without hesitation.
SEDIN is a well-established and well-connected Geneva boutique with a compact, agile, business-focused and responsive team of IP experts.
The outfit provides a high-quality, well-priced service.
All of the attorneys at SEDIN are top standard. They manage deadlines assiduously, speak perfect English and charge fair rates on a transparent basis.
SEDIN combines a pragmatic and client-oriented approach while considering the legal framework and the corporate context.
This makes working with SEDIN a pleasant and efficient collaboration.
We thank the whole SEDIN team for the study, advice and registration of our trademarks. We are delighted to have SEDIN as a partner, with a professional and fast approach.
As a specialist in the creation of visual identities, I was looking for a trustworthy partner to accompany my clients in their efforts to protect their brands. At SEDIN, I found a firm on a human scale, which listens to specific needs and provides support that combines pedagogy, seriousness and efficiency.
Our collaboration with SEDIN was very constructive, we particularly appreciated their kind availability, their precise advice and their reactivity. Highly recommended.
For your success
Based in Geneva, SEDIN assists you in protecting, enhancing and defending your trademarks and intellectual property assets in Switzerland and internationally.